Code of Conduct and Service Charter
1. In order to provide electronic communications services to its subscribers, Citi-Tech South Africa holds licences issued by the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA). ICASA requires that all licence-holders comply with, inter alia, the:
1.1. ICASA Code of Conduct Regulations 2008, which sets out minimum standards of conduct when providing services to subscribers or dealing with potential subscribers; and
1.2. ICASA End-user and Subscriber Service Charter Regulations 2009, which sets out minimum quality of service standards applicable to services provided by Citi-Tech South Africa to subscribers and potential subscribers.
2. Citi-Tech South Africa has developed its own Code of Conduct and Service Charter in line with these Regulations and will strive to follow this in its interactions with you.
4. Citi-Tech South Africa makes the following key commitments and will endeavour to:
4.1. Act in a fair, reasonable and responsible manner in all dealings with Customers;
4.2. Ensure that all its services and products meet the specifications as contained in Citi-Tech South Africa’s licences and all the relevant laws and regulations;
4.3. Not unfairly discriminate against or between Customers on the basis of race, gender, sex, age, religion, belief, disability, ethnic background or sexual orientation;
4.4. Display utmost courtesy and care when dealing with Customers;
4.5. Provide Customers with information regarding services and pricing;
4.6. Where requested to do so provide Customers with guidance with regard to their service needs; and
4.7. Keep the personal information of Customers confidential unless we are:
4.7.1. Otherwise authorized or required by law or order of Court;
4.7.2. In possession of written authorization from you to do so; and/or
4.7.3. Required to release such information for the purpose of briefing our auditors or professional advisors or an accredited debt collection agency.
5. Subscribers and potential subscribers have the right to refer Complaints to ICASA as more fully set out below.
6. The ICASA Code of Conduct Regulations 2008 stipulate the following (non-exhaustive) list of consumer rights held by subscribers and potential subscribers:
1. A right to be provided with the required service without unfair discrimination;
2. A right to choose the service provider of your choice;
3. A right to receive information in your preferred language (Citi-Tech South Africa will do its best to meet this request where reasonable);
4. A right to access and question records held by Citi-Tech South Africa and which relate to your relationship with us;
5. A right to the protection of your personal data, including the right not to have personal data sold to third parties without your permission;
6. A right to port a number in terms of applicable regulations;
7. A right to lodge a complaint; and
8. A right to redress.
Availability of Information
7. Information relating to:
1. Our range of services / products on offer;
2. Tariff rates applicable to each service offered;
3. Terms and conditions applicable to such services / products;
4. Payment terms;
5. Billing, billing processes and our Billing Dispute Handling Procedure;
6. Complaints Handling Procedure, and
7. Relevant contact details
can be obtained from our website (www.cititech.co.za) or by email request to email@example.com (no charge payable) and is available for inspection at our offices during business hours.
Vetting of applications and use of credit registered credit bureaux’s
8. Where applicable we reserve the right to subject any application for services and/or products, including variations to existing services and/or products, to credit referencing and analysis by registered credit bureaux's and you consent to the use of all information supplied for this purpose and for the purpose of compliance with the National Credit Act of 2005.
Written terms and conditions of service
9. We will provide you with a copy of the written terms and conditions upon finalisation of a service agreement or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter. Where an agreement is entered into telephonically a copy of the written terms and conditions thereof will be provided to you within seven (7) Business Days.
10. Where we affect changes to the terms and conditions of our service to you we will inform of such changes within a fair and reasonable period.
Minimum standards for the services offered by Citi-Tech South Africa
11. Subject to events and conduct beyond its reasonable control. Citi-Tech South Africa will
11.1. provide a minimum of 95% network service availability measured over 6 months;
11.2. provide a minimum of 95% service availability measured over 6 months;
11.3. attain a 90% success rate in meeting requests for installation and activation of service for qualifying service applicants within 30 Business Days while meeting the balance of requests within 40 Business Days;
11.4. provide full reasons to you where we are not able to meet your request for service within these time periods;
11.5. attain a 90% success rate within 7 Business Days in meeting requests for activation of a service while meeting the balance of requests within 15 Business Days;
11.6. provide full reasons to you where we are not able to meet your request for activation within these time periods;
11.7. maintain an average of 90% fault clearance rate for all faults reported within three (3) days with the balance to be cleared within 6 Business Days of the reporting of the fault;
11.8. respond within 3 (three) minutes (averaged over six months) to any call directed to the Citi-Tech South Africa call centre;
11.9. Monitor its network 24/7/365.
12. Customers acknowledge that Citi-Tech South Africa is directly dependent on network and other services provided by third parties in providing the services and meeting the standards set out above and that Citi-Tech South Africa cannot be held liable in any manner whatsoever for any failure to meet such standards where this results from the acts and/or omissions of such third parties.
13. Customers acknowledge that Citi-Tech South Africa is directly dependent on network and other services provided by third parties in providing the services and meeting the standards set out above and that Citi-Tech South Africa cannot be held liable in any manner whatsoever for any failure to meet such standards where this results from the acts and/or omissions of such third parties.
14. Any queries relating to this Code of Conduct should be sent to support@Citi-Tech South Africa.com.
15. This Code of Conduct forms part of the Terms and Conditions applicable to the use of Citi-Tech South Africa’s services and products and is incorporated therein.